Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tri Club Cycle Class

This morning at 5:30 am, I hit the snooze button to grab a few more minutes of cosy sleep.  

The thing is ...something is changing inside of me.

I wanted to get up and "go spinning," not out of duty, or responsibility or even because I know that it is healthy, but because it brings me pleasure, even though it's a bit of work.

After a quick change into pre laid out work out clothes, I headed downstairs for my favourite meal of the day.  It tastes great, nourishes me and gives me staying power for the work-out and beyond. I have plain yogurt, a scoop of fresh fruit, ground flax seeds and 1/4 cup of Jordan's brand granola followed by a big glass of water.

I felt so great during and after class today. I have been at this exercise thing pretty consistently since the fall and I am learning greater self care and patience with myself and that some days are better than others.

And isn't life like that? Some days are Better than others. And the converse is also true, some days are terrible, but that's another post for another day. 

I know this, I was hydrated, rested and at peace with those I am relationship with, yet something internal is also happening.

While I struggle with precise understanding of all that is changing inside of me, I am simply grateful that I responded to the desire to leave my cosy bed and have one of those Better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment