Monday 20 May 2013

I spy with my little eye...

Kitesurfers on Lake Erie May 18, 2013



Inspired by the Weightless blog, I set an intention to notice things this weekend.

We were staying at a cottage in lovely Rondeau Provincial Park and had the opportunity to be out in nature.

Our first walk on the beach, brought a bounty of beauty.

There were several kite surfing enthusiasts enjoying the winds of Lake Erie.

Wikipedia states, 
 a kitesurfer or kiteboarder harnesses the power of the wind with a large controllable power kite to be propelled across the water on a kiteboard similar to a wakeboard or a small surfboard, with or without foot-straps or bindings. 
The colours were spectacular and the Kitesurfers are quite daring. While simply enjoying themselves, they put on a delightful show. 

Photo: I spy with my little eye
hidden frog

Caleb saw this huge frog, who was happy to pose for a photograph. I almost cycled over a painted turtle and was delighted to see five white swans which are somewhat new to Rondeau Bay. 

On one of many bike rides we heard a symphony of red wind black birds in the Marshes complimented by prothonotary warblers

While sitting in the backyard reading, which allows for a view of the beach and the forest, I always notice that it is such a happy place. It seems the squirrels and chipmunks and birds (warblers, purple martins, cardinals and common barn swallows) are having a blast re-aquainting with nature after a long winter. They sing and scamper to the beat of their own drum.
Prothonotary Warbler


I loved the delight of Caleb and Neil, while they fished off the end of the dock. They caught and released several species of fish; blue gill, pumpkin seed, sunfish and yellow perch.

I noticed and appreciated..

...the comfort of our bed and the crisp, fresh linens.

...the way my husband's skin wrinkles around his eyes when he smiles at me.

...the thrill of adventuring past our normal bike route to the edge of the park.

...how a good book feels in my hands and relaxes my mind.

...how a meal tastes twice as good shared with my brother and his family.

...how my Dad likes to spoil his grand-kids.

...how my Mom spent time with Blake.

...how the little cousins really enjoy playing together.

...how special it is to spend time with our boys before Blake moves away to college in the fall.




Because I had my eye out for noticing pleasure, this weekend was joyful on every account.

Thanks for reading and keep moving,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment